The Time Has Come For Discipline Mag
To Recruit New Content Writers
For the past 2 years this project has been undertaken by a single person. It’s a lot of work, and more hands on deck are required.
Discipline Mag is looking for people who:
- Operate within INDUSTRIAL/NOISE/SLUDGE/DOOM/DRONE/GOTH/POST- PUNK/EXPERIMENTAL/SYNTH/GAZE/BLACK METAL and adjacent genres
- Have original ideas and can rise above the droid-like formation of internet noise
- Reside in a “cultural capital” and/or have exposure to local scenes/movements (New York, LA, London, Berlin, Osaka, São Paulo, Beijing, Melbourne, Kampala, Jakarta, etc)
- Value nuance, narrative, musical lineage, geography, and the grime of everyday life
- Believe boundaries are for testing, not living within
You could be an undergraduate (journalism, communications, the arts, or anything else), someone with “back in the day” experience who has watched the world change, a hardened critic, or someone who wants their ideas/connections published.
Maybe that’s you. Maybe it’s someone you know.
Send an email to Dan at email@example.com with with title:
“*Your Name* Content Creator Submission”
In your email, please include:
- Relevant skills or experience (if any – Photoshop, WordPress, photography, public reviews, social media or anything else that may be relevant)
- Your key areas of expertise (genres, gear knowledge and other valuable knowledge)
- And a piece of music media that resonates with you & why (could be a particularly informative & well-written artist feature, an entertaining review, an in-depth interview or just about anything that made an impression)